Big Game Event [Large Contest] King of the Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedobear

Is aGenT!
Reaction score
Hi,

I just made up that name, and this is a new event which will take place in Server III frequently on our server. It is an event that hopefully, will encourage everyone to join and here is how it will work. We are going to describe how this event will work and how it is meant to be played.

We are going to find a fixed spot, a map, for this event to take place, and the cordinates will be left out (so users will have no idea where the GM team will be located, and the "King"). We're going to present clues on where we are, more clues will be given as time passes.

The general population ("the users") have one simple task, they are supposed to bypass the GM elite force ("PK Guards") and buy from the personal store that the KING has. It is basically a mix of PK guard event, but with minor modifications, so the users have to buy items from the personal store of the King. The items will be very valueable, and will be great rewards and hopefully it will encourage many to join this contest.

The PK guards will consist of the GM team, we thought why not make an event where users stood against the GMs, for once, it may actually be fun. The PK guards have one task only: ensure that nobody buys from the personal store, and they are allowed to PK anyone.

Reward/Prizes: Mainly consist of rings, pendants from two to three options.

Summary: Users need to avoid being killed by the PK guards, and buy as many items from the KING's personal store as possible. When the personal store is left out, and the users purchased all the items, the event is over.

To be updated w/ further information

ExitiuM

Best Lawyer baby
Reaction score
Its nice your idea.....but....only the "BEST PLAYERS" can pass the guardians.....-----
Imagine..we want that all players have the same possibilites to win....not only the best players.

SAUROMAN

Spam Hunter!
Reaction score
Well the only way isn't only by killing guards (which will be quiet imposable). There would be loopholes in our defense if a gigantic wave of players comest at as even the "weak" players will be able to pass to one point.

Pedobear

Is aGenT!
Reaction score
I'll answer some of your questions gladly:-

(A) This event is first and foremost an contest designed and shaped to allow even new users to bypass the forces. We're talking where over hundred of active contestants against a group of five PK guards. The chances to kill all those individuals are slim. That is why the spot has been decided, somewhere where individuals have to walk on their own, and there are no active gates.

(B) It is not designed for the strongest, here it is about using your own logic. I'm just going to give you an idea, of what can be done here, and how to improve your chances on successfully buying from a personal store, there is two set of paths you can take, for instance, SMs have one skill in particular, that will boost their chances a lot, this is the Teleport. If used properly, bypassing the guards will be extremely easy. DLs are equipped with Summon skill, and this will allow you to call your party members, and confuse the guards on which opponent to kill first.

(C) In this kind of event, strategy is the most useful weapon against anything. If you have a good strategy, you will use the general population as a weapon, let other individuals walk into the ("death trap") and you avoid getting killed, and then try to find a loophole and walk there.

--

For the records, this event I have seen MGs perform really well, even though they may have the most disadvantages, but it is not about the character class, but about how you use your own strategy and make your own advantages. Anyone walking straight through the guards is most likely to be killed, but when twenty to thirty users gather together, and storm the PK guards can not easily defeat these troops.

On a scale of 1/10 I think this would hit the top in being, the most newb-friendly as PK events are useless, the only actual events I can consider being more newb-friendly are Hide and Seek, and Question and Answer type of events.

nangbatapa

Reaction score
i hope i can be like resistant or other GM someday
Its nice your idea.....but....only the "BEST PLAYERS" can pass the guardians.....-----
Imagine..we want that all players have the same possibilites to win....not only the best players.
yeah. if you want all to participate and encourage large population of players, the event should be for all not for the players who had good set/items. Event should be fair for everyone and ofc it should be fun and PKing is not fun. :))
just an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.