Game Guide How to Permanently Assign Your Skills/Spells/Pots

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadKnight

Legend
Reaction score
Hello! How are ya? ChillOut here :D you doing good? Good to hear then! :]

I've noticed that some players are having some small troubles/problems with the skills/pots keys in their characters. The assigned skills/spells/pots are sometimes changed to a different number to another or all skills/spells/pots numbers numbering are gone, meaning the hotkeys for them got reset. If you still don't get me, here's an illustration :D

I know, it's easy to reassign them all over again but sometimes things kinda get boring and just sad. You don't wanna do those things that can be solved easy but you still do the hard way over and over again. I know. It suxx and it's a pain in the (ass)

I've been doing this little trick since I started playing InfinityMU way, way back and I think I must share it to help ya all out on this little dilemma :D

Legends:
How to assign skills/spells/pots?
For skills, use CTRL + any number from 1 to 0
For pots, use CTRL + q, CTRL + w, CTRL + e

Skills - Orbs (Twisting Slash, Ice Arrow, Fire Slash, Greater Fortitude, etc.)
Spells - Books/Scrolls (Scroll of Evil Spirits, Scroll of Fireburst, Scroll of Emperor :nuhnuh:)
Pots - (Complex potions, Potion of Soul/Bless, Antidotes, and all the other potions that can be assigned. Even Scroll of Town Portal can be assigneD)

Steps in Permanently Assigning Your Skills/Spells/Pots

1.) Number all the desired skills/spells you want. Number them from 1 to 0 if you want to. But in such cases, we just number them from 1 to 5.

*Sometimes, if you exit game or select server, your skills/spells/pots can be reset. So don't do that yet.

2.) Try to switch character first. If it got reset and all the numberings you did were gone, then try to number them all over again and switch character again. Chances are, your skills/spells/pots will remain the same.

3.) Now try to select server and go back to the same server again. Select your character and see if the numberings stayed. If it stayed the way you want it, proceed to step 4. If it did not, try to do steps 1 - 3 again. If it worked, of course proceed to step 4 lol xD

4.) Now, your skills/spells stayed eh? Congrats! But wait.. Number them all over again even though it was assigned. Number them with their corresponding hotkeys.

*Example: If you number your Cyclone skill with number 1, then assigned it again with CTRL + 1 again just to be sure :]

Now, have you numbered them all now? If so, switch character then look if it stayed. If it stayed in the way you want, now you can safely exit the game and not worrying about your skills/spells/pots being unassigned again :D if it did not, just repeat steps 1 - 4 and exit the game and try to check if it worked. There's a very high chance it will work :D

5.) Did it work? If so, then congrats! :D

I hope this little guide helped ya out. Some players just doesn't know how to handle things so might as well post this one out and this little routine can make you so fed-up of it. So chill :D Cheers and thanks! Have a happy and good gaming! :]

Last edited by a moderator:

Moorse

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for this ;) This is always happening to me at siege coz of the DC hackers. When i log in then i managed to get the switch, sometimes my shield skill wasn't assigned the way i want to. It's a bother to assign it while holding :) Nice guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.