Guide How not to get fooled by fake Game Masters and Scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RESiSTANT

Server Owner
Reaction score
Here are a few ways for you not to get scammed while trading or loose all your items/account.

1. Avoid trading with suspicious characters. Example, There is an elf, without any set or wings that you never seen in game or any other peope from you alliance/guild know anything about, selling some stuff that a new character can't easily get then again use common sense and avoid trading with that person.

2. Move to a different location to 'trade'. Theres no reason to move to some location like arena for example if the person is selling his/her stuff in lorencia. That doesn't sound right is it? Something might be wrong here.

3. Never trust someone telling you for example, 'give me your items i know a way to dupe them'. Instead take a screenshot and post it here so we can handle that person.

4. Never 'lend' stuff to strangers. Example, someone says he wants to try the items before buying. Theres no need to do so.

5. Want to sell something for items instead of zen? Make sure you are maxed on zen (2,000,000,000) so they can't buy from your shop for zen.

6. If you play on a cafe make sure when you leave the place you are siting you log out so others can't play or steal stuff from your account while you are away.

7. When you play on a cafe make sure you change your password as soon as you get somewhere you trust. Cafe might have keyloggers, better safe than sorry.

8. Take screenshots when you trade. This will help you have proof if you need it later.

9. NEVER tell your password to ANYONE. Even GM will NEVER ask your password. If someone comes and tell you for example 'hey im an GM and i need to look your account give me your username and password', take a screenshot and post it on the forums so we can handle that person. Also if you tell your password to friends and something is missing remember we most probably won't return the items if we see more than one person logged on your account.

First of all, of course see their name, but sometime a GM use letter like "l" and fake GM with letter capital "i" -> "I" in game you can't see, but u can see their guild, all the GMs are in "Admins" guild, fake GM can't copy the guild name with a capital "i" or "L", so first you check their name and then check their guild, if GMs that are not in "Admins" guild that means they are fake.

Admins/GMs Guild: http://www.infinitymu.net/info/guild/Admins
Admins/GMs List: http://www.infinitymu.net/rankings/game-masters
Current Staff Team List: https://forum.infinitymu.net/threads/infinitymu-staff-and-languages-they-speak.7402/

Last Update 2/14/2022!

Last edited:

~Shin

Reaction score
Admin Owner:

RESiSTANT

Game Masters:

Zulu(Co-Admin)
Elwyn(H. GM)
ChanHeeLee
Prince
kleinski23
BoneCrusad
Jantsux(H. GM)

does prince still GM?
also kleinski23?

RESiSTANT

Server Owner
Reaction score
They are not anymore. post updated.

FULLPK

WEED FAMILY♥ мдuu ♥
Reaction score
You should edit the name of GMs, cause, that's the nick of them in-forum, but some of them are using a different nickname in-game, for example "Greatone" or something like that. "N0VA", etc.

♥Linda♥

Legend
Reaction score
  • list of the current Staff updated
  • added link to guild Admins
  • added link to thread with whole Staff Team list
  • added link for Anti-Keylogger

Status
Not open for further replies.