"Mention" function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Heyyo guys,

I am here with a forum suggestion. This suggestion is about "mention" - receiving notification for this. What kind of function is this? Simple. You might, open a thread and make someone see that, or you might wrote an opinion about someone without quoting any words from him and you want him receive notification like "X person mentioned your name in Y thread". So you quickly click that thread link and answer that mention. It will work like [MENTION=2339]Abesta[/MENTION] and I will be mentioned and receive notification for that.

P.S: I don't know how hard or easy to have this function but I know this is possible and will make our forum more confortable and modern with such function.

P.S: Agree or Disagree, please give me proper reason. "Good suggestion" - Thanks button makes wonders, "Bad suggestion" - reason or just leave thread.

test... [MENTION=1]RESiSTANT[/MENTION] please check this out

Kostas

Legend
Reaction score
Definitely i support this idea.Using @+Name a notification that your name was mentioned on a particular thread would be good idea.There will be a better feedback on threads that once was answered but we dodged them or never saw the replies by mistake.Therefore some exceptions will be required for example Venci name, so people doesn't abuse it for silly things.

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Definitely i support this idea.Using @+Name a notification that your name was mentioned on a particular thread would be good idea.There will be a better feedback on threads that once was answered but we dodged them or never saw the replies by mistake.Therefore some exceptions will be required for example Venci name, so people doesn't abuse it for silly things.
Yes only that @RESiSTANT made me think. Some people might abuse this in some unnecessary threads that could easily be answered even by infinitians. But this function will be good for Staff Team. Mods, GMs, HGM - doesn`t matter. For example "Nikki". He is GM and he has daily stuffs to do in here. He might sometimes miss some threads where someone need him or anyone from GM Team. So with this function he will just enter forum and will receive some notifications from someone whose need GM help, so he will check those threads 1 by 1 and it will help him and the others to handle their jobs faster and also will help thread creators to receive faster answers.

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Ups, my bad guys. I didn't searched about it. Anyways if Dimer's thoughts about this system didn' t changed, you guys can close this suggestion.

RESiSTANT

Server Owner
Reaction score
Our conclusion is the same dear Abesta,it will create loaths of spam which won't benefit the Moderators or the users themselves. The mentions will be done for everything :)
@Dimer Granted for now and we will see how it is going to be... :nuhnuh: I don't think it will lead to spam.

HTML:
Function works like this

[MENTION] Dimer, you can grant this now.[/MENTION]

or   [MENTION] test [/MENTION] text text text
and new BB code button for mentioning someone is added exactly after
@Abesta, thanks for the idea.

More info... here

Vin.

Dwen
Reaction score
I'll support this suggestion also. It will be easier to the forumers to identify if someone mention their names in a thread or something

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Yeah it worked, I received notification. Thanks for granting.

Status
Not open for further replies.