An Interview from RESiSTANT :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Hello and good day to Infinitians,

Well guys, I am wondering on something that I know many of you wondering also. I joined this server not that long after it opened but till today I don't know how Venci founded this server. How he came to this idea to open a server; why he named it as Infinity; Why S3 E3; before InfinityMU in which servers did he played and he liked and this made him to came an idea that "Hell I will open my own server" and such.

Yeah Venci, you think you will always ask people's InfinityMU journey and will put reward on it? :-D Come on, write your story and let us know it, I will reward it with 1 Uber :p [MENTION=1]RESiSTANT[/MENTION]

RESiSTANT

Server Owner
Reaction score
The INTERVIEW

The INTERVIEW

Hello infinitians,
I will try to recall everything and update this post from time to time in case I missed something. I am warning you that I am not very good in writing stories. Have a pleasant reading!:thumbsup:

Since in 2005 I was playing Mu online internationally hosted private servers, they were with very high latency. However I didn't gave a damn about the lag. I wanted to LVL up and kill everyone on my way. I was PVP and PVM lover. Never been banned for anything. Very calm but also very focused game behavior = Venci, maybe due my CounterStrike experience. :nuhnuh: Mostly I have been playing with Elf. Back then the elves were strongest for me (from the start and semi-end of developing character and in low exp rate) and with tactics I won many duels, mostly playing countless guild wars vs any guild & char classes I remember that I won 90% of the times with Ice Arrow and Penetration skills. Been play CS 1.5 & MU all the night long after school ofc without hacks. I was playing in local tournaments 5vs5 on cs1.5 & 1.6. (Back then in 2005 I was in sports highschool with specialty "football" with I was a defender & midfielder sometimes.)

Then it all started to happen back in 2007 I had an friend from computer shop and also he been working for an local net company as SysOp and he was working on the shop from time to time as operator. I've learn the basics from him. (from configurating webserver, gameserver, web and client files to restoring the databses and securing the server. He was hosting an local muserver where only 3 from the local cities were playing LAN in his MU (97d+99i version / Exp: 100x). I was one from the strongest among all players. They were like 200 online almost everytime I log on there. For LAN server is pretty much an success) Once he decided to close his server I had idea to continue his work but from bottom. I've downloaded some releases from RZ. There were only 97d, 99b/c Season 1 (1.0n) & season 2 (1.02n) back in the days. Full of bugs, most cheats were working perfectly and your server could get blasted in the very start if you don't have idea what you are doing.
However I managed to understand how to keep my ass safe and maybe due the nolife of mine I've been successful in what im doing in my PC.

I've decided to start with 97d+99items. It all started very good, staff, players, from the very start - first week I had +170 online internationally. Then in short period of time if you log in my server you will see always 200-300 ppl ingame. If I remember well it was success for an season 1 server to be having that much. Especially when there were servers with Season 2 alrready. MU was getting old and most players moved to different games like LineAge2 for example. My season 1 (97d+99i) version was configured by me and my own understandings of fun gameplay. Spots, Exp was 9999x of course. Max CM rates. Everything was set to max. It was like my point of view how MU should be. Fast because ppl started to have no time to lvl up and they wanted everything to the max in short time.

After a year or semi year I don't remember very well... however it was 2007 in the end or probably 2008 January~February. I decided to upgrade to Season 3 Episode 1. I had to wipe the 97d version because it was imcompatible database. Very complex sh1t for my experience back then. I still don't know servers which successfully upgraded to season 3 from 97d.

Again after the upgrade within an week (the first days of the week) there were hundreds of hundreds players online. I have never been an staff in any MU than InfinityMu. First name of Infinity was Insania. Insania was founded in the '07. While I was developing the season 3 I named it Infinity in 2009 because I found this song and I got really motivated with this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzy2dgEUOhY In the Season 3 version of InfinityMU I was studying C++ at home until 2014 we had our own modules and started developing new stuff. Then we have our own emulator and all possible crashes were fixed. Anyway we were stable like stone. Always online server and upto for gaming without single crash. I don't remember how I managed to configured it to stay stable. Maybe the countless sleepless nights. Entertaining events & awesome fun chats 24/7/365.

2 years passed with lots of fun and memories ingame. I was like 15-20/7? in-game. I was maniac mode like im still after so many years passed. I loved to develop and help the community in every aspect. Forums, Emails, Game related, Support, Bugs and everything you can think. Every single thing I had to deal with it. Even I've been hosting all the events together with my old team mates or alone. I had no personal life. :dance: I had many, many problems with the server. I remember I had to sleep with monitor working and working on it almost day & night. (it's more complicated than you can think). Back in the days Windows Server OS was unstable, started the era of DoS and DDoS attacks where botnets were used only for serious political and business purposes but then started to be used in the old good MU to ruin the servers of lowest mmo population game which makes no sense to me even till today. There's always Operating system glitches, gameserver issues, webserver failures (to be successful in internet your website must be 24/7/365 online, right? :)), power failures. But every was light, no serious damages thanks god.

From 2007 to 2011 the server had no donations. Just credits & webshop and earning all the credits by votes and grand resets. In 2011 we started to offer donations for Credits via SMS because I was hosting the server in home with fiber optics (expensive for that time, at least my country is bankcrupted all of the time I remember myself), an awesome machine for its days. 24gb RAM DDR3, Intel i7, 3,20ghz 8 Cores (4 Cores physical and 4 Virtual Cores.) This machine I purchased after saved some bucks from the donations and my family and of course had to move InfinityMU soon or later to an dedicated server in Germany (Hetzner company). Was super stable all the years. That's why maybe players liked to stay with us more and more. Ubers were founded in 2011? or 2012? Who knows? I will update my post once I recall the exact story & date. We had to improve with something because years were passing by and events ingame is not what an server should just be offering since the market was full of items and ppl were collecting only Ancients, Winds and were trading those only.

I remember that we had big success in 2010 & 2011. The biggest online players I've ever seen was almost 600. This years were the most successful for InfinityMU. In the weekends we had +500 players online and in the weekdays (day&night) almost 250-300 online. Players were way much addicted than before. We still have those old good players from 2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 I can bet that. I am checking the database logs from time to time and I can see very old accounts still playing and being active in our server. We never lost our population. In 2012 I think we were hacked due my mistake to trust an friend of mine. I was helping on his computer and somehow he gained access to my pc with keylogger. I allowed his main.exe to my antivirus because I thought his game doesn't work. He was super jealous that I have successful server and I guess this what happens when you trust someone you know good but he thinks bad stuff behind your back. I had to rollback with in 20 days.... nothing serious I thought I will lose the server population but we had +200 more players online. Players were super supportive to our cause "The InfinityMU Community Network".

Right now in 2018 and since 2014, we can be proud of our server files with unique content and features based on original korean WebZen sources + Infinity customs. A big achievement for us that absolutely no wipes in 10+ years and a real long term not like other muserver.

Let me show some screenshots of our record of online players back in 2011 when we didn't had our own Emulator and we used SCF files released in RZ (packed and without sources until 2016?) but still very well modified files by me in order to be unique and stable.

Probably some of you can notice your old accounts.
Here we go (I will not censor anything on this screenshot that I took back in 2011):

check the "CurrentPlayer" that's the actual players online and on every subserver you can see "TotalPlayer". This is during an weekend in Castle Siege time. In Weekdays it the same but with all subservers 100% full. The count can tell you the facts that we are the best in S3ep1 and now probably among all versions due the custom features we offer without actually changing our version and playing still the old classic MuOnline.

Yeah Venci, you think you will always ask people's InfinityMU journey and will put reward on it?
However the journey is still not over... and yes :) I will be putting reward on it every year like I always do for InfinityMU Anniversary which I set to be Feb 14th.

We will be here forever of time... because we are InfinityMU.

since 2008

Yours truly,
RESiSTANT

antonino02

Relaxing Player!!
Reaction score
Congratulation's to your stable server!!! :D more years to come!!!

Nikki

Reaction score
save my life and press thanks at Resi reply xD

BLADE

NAVY Family
Reaction score
what a nice journey and glad to be part of the old comunity and mantain here since 2009!

Flippy

Legend
Reaction score
Heart touching, i never actualy knew the full story start to present. I kbew pieces of it , goods and bads because that's how life is...if there are no ups and downs and just a straight line it would mean we are fking dead !
One thing you forgot to mention and it's something that other servers (besides official ofc) will probably never achieve...10+ years of activity, a truly long term server.
Nkwadays all shyt servers with 1 year experience they call themselves long terms...pure jokes !
No wipe in more than 10 years is for sure an achivement only Official Webzen has. I do not know any active servers with similar landmark. Only one that got closed (2003-2015) were i learnt my own basics in designs .
So iMU is the old lady of private MuOnline enviroment. This has to be noted down and bragged with anywhere and anytime.

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
RESiSTANT said:
Ubers were founded in 2011? or 2012? Who knows?
I know, end of 2010s. Because about april-may 2010 i had to take a break of playing. And when I back after 3-4 months, i saw Ubers released already. But not much players had that. And no one can imagine only old players whose saw those days know how unique an Uber geared player was. We was like omg when we saw Uber than we saw GM on those time :)

When I found Infinity from xtremetop100, it was eras of season4s. All servers were season 4s but there were few successful season 3 servers. On those times when I chose a server, I chose it based on Online Players count. Where most websites had this feature. Those servers were like under 100 online. 1-2 of them had 150. And when i checked Infinty's online. I just shocked with 250 plus online at afternoon. Without thinking , i just downloaded it and made most of Internetcafe owners from my zone download it and make people join and play :)

Years passing real fast. I know, this is not all Venci. So update us if you remember good memories during these years.

Edit:

This was and this is a rule that never an instant MuOnline server can live so much. Because after some time, you just get bored. But in InfinityMu, community was and is different. We didnt enter the game everyday just for kill some players or so. We were entering for to talk our social, foreign friends. We were here for to make name for ourselves like how we are trying to do in our personal life. Thats why InfinityMu community was awesome. Everyone knew each other like how even in today. We know each others characters almost :) This was community side.
In staff side, they were saving players from dirty ones. Admin was updating a S3 game each month minimum. Thats why we are here even after a decade.

Last edited:

RESiSTANT

Server Owner
Reaction score
Years passing real fast. I know, this is not all Venci. So update us if you remember good memories during these years.
@Abesta, right, right. I will update my first post here everytime I recall some moment :) There were thousands of moments - always good ones. Can't recall all in one breath (post).

regards

Nikki

Reaction score
i remember as the day as yesterday how i came in this server. founded on extreem, created a account and saw low prices in webshop.

i was wondering will this be a long term server that i could enjoy. 1 voting page, each 12 hours voting. each vote point was 1 credit.

alot of bugs we had. But the staff team was so social always.

( for giving example of low prices golden pet was 450 creds back then.)

after a time i apply'd for the team who would know that [MENTION=1]RESiSTANT[/MENTION] was so high to apporved me xD

i have seen the server growing chaging. everything you can think off. even when the server got hacked it was a dark time of the server. but all was fixed. every other server just would give up.

then he made me Head game master, ( he was drunk and high and prob some other stuff to xD.) darkest time of IMU xD

then some unknown dude to the team and players joined the staff team. i still dont know who he is/was. i know he was a idiot xD i got a demotion (this was almost 7 years ago.) and my replacing HGM dont know what venci was thinking to make him hgm he was worst then me xD

so after my report. ( take it from me this is how you make a proper report: click )

i left the server for a while, focus on work and real life ****. i visit alot never forgot my id and pass, i never played a other mu. ( i played other games xD )

then i came back and see me now still here. still asking myself how drunk was venci to approved me again xD

But in overall. What venci gives us all these years. what he do for the players the community. what he puts in this game.

I think we all know we cant do better. if you see around on the internetz, there are servers who copy our server for 100% ( those are I Love InfinityMU idiots think they are smart xD ) but those servers are full with bugs and no players.
some other older servers are copying stuff from our server.

and why is that you would ask.
its all because of 1 great man Venci ( RESiSTANT) he's the ultimate god of this virtual world. and he's right hand Dreams who's creating alot of stuff for the server since he's time he joined the High team xD

for those who dont get my point, smoke weed drink alcohol. dont let your parents read this sentence xD realy dont let them read it xD

Enjoy your game time brought to us by RESiSTANT.

we are all difrend, but in the end we are all 1.

we have INFINITY limits.
No 1 can bring us down.

Hope you enjoyd reading this.

and on the uber date question it was in 2011. i bought hyon and vic in the first month it was released my gf back then was mad at me xD

Your greatness Nikki Greets you all :) this was contribution to how great Venci realy is as a owner and normale guy. he put all he's efforts in it what he loves. ( i know he loves me otherwise i was already banned perm xD )

to add: thank venci he's first post so it can reach 150 thanks :) ( he will kill me if he wont get it.)

Brave

Reaction score
Wow.. i never think this is really the life of infinity. Thank vinci for this efforts and sacrifices you do. Sleeping with the monitor is really hard. Totally back and head ache :ah::facepalm:
Well thanks for everything. InfinityMu is the best.!

-![ZERO]!-

I went from ZERO to my own HERO
Reaction score
Wow! When I saw your story I really am sorry for what I did to you before for what I've said, lots of complaints, and for me to get BAN not once not twice but multiple of times due to my bad attitude etc... Let me tell you a short story of mine on why I got BAN and how did I disrespect Resistant himself, last 2008 or 2009. I have a friend named [IGN] DeMoNKiNG who told me a lot of good stuffs in this server, I said a lot of negativity like This server will be closed for a month or a year, DeMoNKiNG ignore the words that I've said and pushed me to join and for me to try playing this game and YES he successfully pushed me to join this server, I started playing this server way back 2009 and the good thing they're was/is we can use Credits to get UBER SETS like UBER Hyon + Vicious and specially that DeMoNKiNG can donate via SMS so he helped me a lot. Tried the PVP/PVM it was awesome nothing to say comparing to the server that Ive been playing with. As the day's goes by Resistant made a lot of NEW UPDATES and here I come saying lots of negative words belittling his work without even trying or experiencing those NEW UPDATES that's why he BAN me for misbehavior, This is a BIG LESSON LEARNED from me so small tip to you all guys "TRY IT FIRST BEFORE COMPLAINING" This is just a few short story of mine.

I gain a lot of trust to this server since obviously this is the only server that really stayed for good and fits this line "LONG TERM SERVER" Honestly, This is the only server WORTH donating to and worthy to be praised by gamers.

Now as Resistant metioned above with all the Up's and Down's that He Experienced My Respect for you was totally changed/increased to its maximum level. I SALUTE you for being as strong as you are.

Hail RESISTANT, Hail INFINITYMU.

:hands_in_air_80_ani:hands_in_air_80_ani:hands_in_air_80_ani:hands_in_air_80_ani:hands_in_air_80_ani:hands_in_air_80_ani

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Make me Wiki team Leader please :p

Uber released in 2010. I couldnt find exact update thread for Ubers but Here you can see an update about Uber donating.

Last edited:

Subzero

Freak as ****
Reaction score
I can say that this server is really an Immortal. I've started playing in this server last 2009 and been playing until 2014. I met a lot of friends in this server especially the old staff which is my team way back 2011 and it was very nice experience to be part of the team and the server as well. This is not just a game, people play this game with a heart and they spend money because they know that the life of the server has no ending. I salute all the people who keeps supporting this lovely server. And for Venci, you know that I'm proud of you ever since. Keep up the good work and i'm sure that you will have more and more players that will keep this server alive from years to come. Cheers!

Regards,
Subzero

UNDERGROUND

SuperVIP
Reaction score
time fly . I play infinity when I in high school. Now, I'm working. it is almost 10 years.

BadKnight

Legend
Reaction score
Badly wanted to get an interview with RESiSTANT back when I was still at Infinity Star Newspaper Team around 2014. Still wanted to get an interview about the story of the server and his thoughts and a detailed point by point topics back in 2016 when I came back. I can say I'm very confident that it will be my best article yet if ever I got the chance to do so.

I got nothing but mad respect. Good read. Will keep coming back for sure to check stuffs out. Thanks for this server, Venci!

GARP

Reaction score
love for infinity nothing else we grew up playing here..

antonino02

Relaxing Player!!
Reaction score
The INTERVIEW

Hello infinitians,
I will try to recall everything and update this post from time to time in case I missed something. I am warning you that I am not very good in writing stories. Have a pleasant reading!:thumbsup:

Since in 2005 I was playing Mu online internationally hosted private servers, they were with very high latency. However I didn't gave a damn about the lag. I wanted to LVL up and kill everyone on my way. I was PVP and PVM lover. Never been banned for anything. Very calm but also very focused game behavior = Venci, maybe due my CounterStrike experience. :nuhnuh: Mostly I have been playing with Elf. Back then the elves were strongest for me (from the start and semi-end of developing character and in low exp rate) and with tactics I won many duels, mostly playing countless guild wars vs any guild & char classes I remember that I won 90% of the times with Ice Arrow and Penetration skills. Been play CS 1.5 & MU all the night long after school ofc without hacks. I was playing in local tournaments 5vs5 on cs1.5 & 1.6. (Back then in 2005 I was in sports highschool with specialty "football" with I was a defender & midfielder sometimes.)

Then it all started to happen back in 2007 I had an friend from computer shop and also he been working for an local net company as SysOp and he was working on the shop from time to time as operator. I've learn the basics from him. (from configurating webserver, gameserver, web and client files to restoring the databses and securing the server. He was hosting an local muserver where only 3 from the local cities were playing LAN in his MU (97d+99i version / Exp: 100x). I was one from the strongest among all players. They were like 200 online almost everytime I log on there. For LAN server is pretty much an success) Once he decided to close his server I had idea to continue his work but from bottom. I've downloaded some releases from RZ. There were only 97d, 99b/c Season 1 (1.0n) & season 2 (1.02n) back in the days. Full of bugs, most cheats were working perfectly and your server could get blasted in the very start if you don't have idea what you are doing.
However I managed to understand how to keep my ass safe and maybe due the nolife of mine I've been successful in what im doing in my PC.

I've decided to start with 97d+99items. It all started very good, staff, players, from the very start - first week I had +170 online internationally. Then in short period of time if you log in my server you will see always 200-300 ppl ingame. If I remember well it was success for an season 1 server to be having that much. Especially when there were servers with Season 2 alrready. MU was getting old and most players moved to different games like LineAge2 for example. My season 1 (97d+99i) version was configured by me and my own understandings of fun gameplay. Spots, Exp was 9999x of course. Max CM rates. Everything was set to max. It was like my point of view how MU should be. Fast because ppl started to have no time to lvl up and they wanted everything to the max in short time.

After a year or semi year I don't remember very well... however it was 2007 in the end or probably 2008 January~February. I decided to upgrade to Season 3 Episode 1. I had to wipe the 97d version because it was imcompatible database. Very complex sh1t for my experience back then. I still don't know servers which successfully upgraded to season 3 from 97d.

Again after the upgrade within an week (the first days of the week) there were hundreds of hundreds players online. I have never been an staff in any MU than InfinityMu. First name of Infinity was Insania. Insania was founded in the '07. While I was developing the season 3 I named it Infinity in 2009 because I found this song and I got really motivated with this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzy2dgEUOhY In the Season 3 version of InfinityMU I was studying C++ at home until 2014 we had our own modules and started developing new stuff. Then we have our own emulator and all possible crashes were fixed. Anyway we were stable like stone. Always online server and upto for gaming without single crash. I don't remember how I managed to configured it to stay stable. Maybe the countless sleepless nights. Entertaining events & awesome fun chats 24/7/365.

2 years passed with lots of fun and memories ingame. I was like 15-20/7? in-game. I was maniac mode like im still after so many years passed. I loved to develop and help the community in every aspect. Forums, Emails, Game related, Support, Bugs and everything you can think. Every single thing I had to deal with it. Even I've been hosting all the events together with my old team mates or alone. I had no personal life. :dance: I had many, many problems with the server. I remember I had to sleep with monitor working and working on it almost day & night. (it's more complicated than you can think). Back in the days Windows Server OS was unstable, started the era of DoS and DDoS attacks where botnets were used only for serious political and business purposes but then started to be used in the old good MU to ruin the servers of lowest mmo population game which makes no sense to me even till today. There's always Operating system glitches, gameserver issues, webserver failures (to be successful in internet your website must be 24/7/365 online, right? :)), power failures. But every was light, no serious damages thanks god.

From 2007 to 2011 the server had no donations. Just credits & webshop and earning all the credits by votes and grand resets. In 2011 we started to offer donations for Credits via SMS because I was hosting the server in home with fiber optics (expensive for that time, at least my country is bankcrupted all of the time I remember myself), an awesome machine for its days. 24gb RAM DDR3, Intel i7, 3,20ghz 8 Cores (4 Cores physical and 4 Virtual Cores.) This machine I purchased after saved some bucks from the donations and my family and of course had to move InfinityMU soon or later to an dedicated server in Germany (Hetzner company). Was super stable all the years. That's why maybe players liked to stay with us more and more. Ubers were founded in 2011? or 2012? Who knows? I will update my post once I recall the exact story & date. We had to improve with something because years were passing by and events ingame is not what an server should just be offering since the market was full of items and ppl were collecting only Ancients, Winds and were trading those only.

I remember that we had big success in 2010 & 2011. The biggest online players I've ever seen was almost 600. This years were the most successful for InfinityMU. In the weekends we had +500 players online and in the weekdays (day&night) almost 250-300 online. Players were way much addicted than before. We still have those old good players from 2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 I can bet that. I am checking the database logs from time to time and I can see very old accounts still playing and being active in our server. We never lost our population. In 2012 I think we were hacked due my mistake to trust an friend of mine. I was helping on his computer and somehow he gained access to my pc with keylogger. I allowed his main.exe to my antivirus because I thought his game doesn't work. He was super jealous that I have successful server and I guess this what happens when you trust someone you know good but he thinks bad stuff behind your back. I had to rollback with in 20 days.... nothing serious I thought I will lose the server population but we had +200 more players online. Players were super supportive to our cause "The InfinityMU Community Network".

Right now in 2018 and since 2014, we can be proud of our server files with unique content and features based on original korean WebZen sources + Infinity customs. A big achievement for us that absolutely no wipes in 10+ years and a real long term not like other muserver.

Let me show some screenshots of our record of online players back in 2011 when we didn't had our own Emulator and we used SCF files released in RZ (packed and without sources until 2016?) but still very well modified files by me in order to be unique and stable.

Probably some of you can notice your old accounts.
Here we go (I will not censor anything on this screenshot that I took back in 2011):

check the "CurrentPlayer" that's the actual players online and on every subserver you can see "TotalPlayer". This is during an weekend in Castle Siege time. In Weekdays it the same but with all subservers 100% full. The count can tell you the facts that we are the best in S3ep1 and now probably among all versions due the custom features we offer without actually changing our version and playing still the old classic MuOnline.

However the journey is still not over... and yes :) I will be putting reward on it every year like I always do for InfinityMU Anniversary which I set to be Feb 14th.

We will be here forever of time... because we are InfinityMU.

since 2008

Yours truly,
RESiSTANT
I would like to ask the secret on how do you manage your time for the server, work, family, friends?:happyy:

Status
Not open for further replies.