Windows 10 Bugged Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

RESiSTANT

Server Owner
Reaction score
Hello friends,

If you are using Windows 10 version as operating system on your PC or laptop then please keep reading below.

After Windows 10 update "build 1809", InfinityMu client stopping working at all and you can't run it anymore. I suggest you to disable Windows updates for now until we confirm the client is running properly on further windows 10 updates.

If you already installed the update you might not be able to uninstall the update, but if you have restore point on older version you still have chance to restore to properly working Windows.

I myself recommending and using only Windows 7 ultimate edition for work and InfinityMu for about 10 years already without reinstalls, crashes, lags or bugs.

Possible resolutions on this problem:

MyComputer - Properties - Advanced system settings - Advanced - Performance settings - Data execution prevention - Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select - Add Main.exe - Apply - Restart Computer and you should be able to login and play normally.

I've heard some people not being able to disable updates with the method provided by Venci.

That said, I have found another possible solution, but I have not tested it, so to know for sure, you guys will have to test it by yourselves. If it works, please quote this post and say so, that way everyone will know that this is the working solution.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-stop-windows-10-update/
Thank you,
The InfinityMu Team

dale123411

Reaction score
About windows 10

Well, i hope InfinityMu admin will fix that new uptade for windows 10 version 1809 shortly because we are in 2019 in 2 days and they suggest to use old Windows 7 version (2009 ) . xD

For my part , i cannot enter anymore in game because , i have windows 10 version 1809 so i still wait uptade fom InfinityMu staff .

Thanks for Tips Resist!

Last edited:

Halfdanjal

the oblivious
Reaction score
I've heard some people not being able to disable updates with the method provided by Venci.

That said, I have found another possible solution, but I have not tested it, so to know for sure, you guys will have to test it by yourselves. If it works, please quote this post and say so, that way everyone will know that this is the working solution.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-stop-windows-10-update/

RESiSTANT

Server Owner
Reaction score
Current solutions:

If you have Windows 10 and build 1809 do it like this:

MyComputer - Properties - Advanced system settings - Advanced - Performance settings - Data execution prevention - Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those i select - Add Main.exe - Apply - Restart Computer - DONE, game client should run properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.