About Infractions / Warnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrathbinge

Reaction score
Hello everyone, been thinking about our forum procedures since resistant updated them, so wanted to discuss this.

Everyone knows the procedures, example for insult first you receive some infraction or warning, then short ban, longer ban, and then I Love InfinityMU island. I'm good with this no problem but I wanna talk about warning / infractions duration, let's say I have insulted someone back in 2011 or something like that and then I got infracted or banned by that cool, but now 2019 I do the same and because I had old infraction or ban punishment back then I'm gonna be banned permanently?

What if forum warning / infractions (Not bans) are removed or not counted after a year or something like that? Not only for insults but market, spam and much more.

What's your opinion?:)

v1taL

The God of Poetry
Reaction score
I actually agree to this, i've been banned before for spamming. And my last spam warning/infraction was i think a year ago but then the 2nd time i spammed, they banned me. And for me, there's no justice. :) i think maybe the duration of the infraction should be atleast 6 months to 1 year depending on how heavy the insult, or whatever rule broke to the user.

UnknownRen

Reaction score
Are infraction be expired or reseted in a year ehh?
I'm just wondering if it could be reset in a year, like do offence expired and be reset?
If yeah then I have problem on it bcos if for example I was banned for spamming again I maybe PERMA now, but
if the case is expired and reseted it will go back to infraction. :D

Halfdanjal

That shit is hard but I make it look easy
Reaction score
https://forum.infinitymu.net/showthread.php?115359-Kolbus

Here you can see an example of me actually taking in account the fact, that offenses are old. Unfortunately, even then, I do not agree that infractions should disappear with time since you can't apply this logic to everyone. For example someone extensively spams, gets banned and goes away for a longer period of time, his offenses are no longer valid since he was away for so long and he can repeat that. Of course, that is a rough example, but just for you to see my point here. In this case the person would simply be sent back to exile and it's done.

I see why it might seem like an issue to you, but bare in mind, that the update from RESiSTANT, which I actually approve of very much, makes it so you can get banned permanently only for insulting and flaming and disturbing content. These 2 simply can't stand multiple times and they both require 5 offenses for a permanent ban. If someone is unable to learn from first 4 offenses of this kind, doesn't matter the period, do you really think, that they should be forgiven? After all, they can write a ban appeal of permanently banned account and prove that they have changed, contribute and perhaps get an unban. It's not like we are not forgiving.

To put it simple, most of the time, when it is a question about permanent ban, it is a team decision, not a decision made by 1 moderator who was there at the time. We are human beings and we weigh out everything that has been done by the user in question, so, if we all agree that permanent ban is the right decision, it will be issued. If offenses are really old, of course that will be one thing that will be weighed out. This is why punishments are not so severe anymore. People are given several chances to learn from their mistakes. More than enough. If by some chance permanent ban is brought up as a question, means that there is a reason for it.

I hope that I explained it well. If you have some questions, you are more than welcome to address them :)

ps. [MENTION=23202]Wrathbinge[/MENTION] If we wouldn't ignore some old infractions, you would have been banned by now.

Last edited:

Peaceful

Legend
Reaction score
As Kronwell said the only way to get permanent ban is by insult/heavy insult.
The time between each ban doesn't matter.
be responsible for your own words.
if you were banned before you have to becareful next time not to do it again.

BeN

Top Contributor
Reaction score
no offense kronwell but your taking it to seriously , i dont think is so hard to give infraction again to some old spammer if he does it again after lets say 1 year... or any other kind of old infractions or small time bans...
you can say whatever but for me it seems that you just want to make it easy

Halfdanjal

That shit is hard but I make it look easy
Reaction score
no offense kronwell but your taking it to seriously , i dont think is so hard to give infraction again to some old spammer if he does it again after lets say 1 year... or any other kind of old infractions or small time bans...
you can say whatever but for me it seems that you just want to make it easy
I don't think that it's so hard to learn not so spam after:
  • Infraction
  • 24 hour ban
  • 3 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • So on and so forth.
Also, if you would've taken your time to actually read what I and Wrath wrote, you would know that we are talking mostly about PERMANENT bans, and spamming doesn't qualify in permanent bans now does it :winkk:

BeN

Top Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think that it's so hard to learn not so spam after:
  • Infraction
  • 24 hour ban
  • 3 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • 5 days ban
  • So on and so forth.
Also, if you would've taken your time to actually read what I and Wrath wrote, you would know that we are talking mostly about PERMANENT bans, and spamming doesn't qualify in permanent bans now does it :winkk:
you know any few warnings=ban not necessarily only for insults , i just added why i think is k to remove them after lets say 1 year
and yh you wrote an big essay there ;))

lets take me as example, i have some infractions and if i get 1 more im banned , i think is fair to have them removed after 1 year if i do nothing wrong....

heres one more , i know you like real life examples
you know almost everything you do on real life goes by after few years
you get points on your driver licence they disappear in 3 years , you steal, that disappear from you paper in few years and so on

Last edited:

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Hello guys,

InGame and Forum rules are for to keep gameplay pure and perfect while making players learn oneway or another. If someone doesn't, he/she gets banned and learns these rules by practising it personally. So, if someone got his warning a year ago, he must know he shouldn't repeat that mistake again. Coz purpose of that warning is exactly that: making players learn those rules if they cant with just reading or making player to get that he/she is about to pass limits.

By the way, as much as there are written rules, there are some that non-written. Those rules are situational and needs to be discussed between Staff members. While your infraction can be removed after even 3 months but some other's infraction cant even be removed after 3 years.

It is hard to make such rule official but every years or two, there can be something like Mass Pardon. Thats something different.

Last edited:

Wrathbinge

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty aware about each ban its discussed inside staff with the agreement of most of them, besides that my thread its about permanent bans (forum) mostly for things as fake report, insults, gfx rip, and stuff like that, since now it's almost impossible to get banned for spam and others situations.

There's a lot of procedures inside moderator team to keep this forum clean of course I won't enter in details :), but what Abesta suggested about mass pardon still can be used right? It's something already out of topic but would be great to unban some old accounts like we did with game accounts time ago (Sorry I don't got the link but you can search, mass pardon for ingame banned accounts). Yet we will have Ban Appeals and guess if someone want his main account banned can try to make one so don't know what you guys thinks about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.