Unsupported programs with our Antihack/ InfinityMU Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

RESiSTANT

Server Owner
Reaction score
Hello friends,

In this topic we are going to list all incompatible programs which are not supported and must be uninstalled or force-closed in order to play InfinityMU.

I've noticed that some legal programs such as "Sonic Studio 3" which is part of ASUS group, is injecting into client process for no reason. This also crashes the game client and the user won't be able to launch the game and play. I have to note it because many players have installed software "Sonic Studio 3" by default upon receiving their brand new PC with fresh installed OS but sometimes there's pack of installed applications and drivers on the fresh Windows OS. The behavior of Anticheat system is smart and it does not allow any process to be injecting to our game client process so it can prevent any possible bypass in order to use hacks ingame.

Current list of unsupported software:
(those we are aware of)

1. Sonic Studio 3;
2. MSI App Player;
3. Alienware Sound Center

(simply uninstall in order to play)
4. Steelseries engine 3
- crash due faulting module SSAudioOSD.dll / incompatible with most games.
(simply uninstall those 4 programs if you have them in order to play)
5. Avast Antivirus & Avira Antivirus - false positives detected preventing the game client from starting.
- Simply add the InfinityMU client folder into your Avast or Avira antivirus exceptions list in order to play.
( Avast, Dr.Web, and 360 Total Security are definitely not recommended. Uninstall the antivirus if you have any of these and install NOD32 Antivirus (recommended) This will also fix your game and computer performance by increasing FPS which is most important for Mu Online if you competing in PVP events).

Sometimes those apps gets blocked by Liveguard because they are injecting into game process and their behavior is being detected this way as cheats do:
1. Overwolf
2. Battlenet app
3. Web Companion (by LavaSoft)

Notes:
1. There's still possibility that those software vendors have updated their code and these might be working fine with InfinityMU client.
2. In the most cases viruses and malwares are the main reason for your game client won't launch at all. You will just see pop-up of Antihack logo and nothing else after it. Game window will not show up. Sometimes it's easy to solve and sometimes very complex to resolve the problem without reinstalling your Windows.

Ultimate Solution to your problem IF your game client doesn't start:
Fresh start is always a good thing. Simply format your Windows OS and install fresh one. Right after that make sure to install some antivirus program such as NOD32 (Paid/trial) or AVG Pro/Free versions available. Both are compatible with our client. Kaspersky will do as well but I'd recommend NOD32 which I am using for years.

P.S. If you are aware of some incompatible programs with InfinityMU client please let us know via PM -> click here or mail us at support@infinitymu.net

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.