Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivela

N1 OF ALL TIMES. :))

Hi there, 3 days ago I bought a gaming PC. The specifications are:
RAM : 32 GB HyperX Predator 3200 MHz
CPU : Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU : NVIDIA GTX 1080
The PC Windows are fresh ( reinstalled ), cleaned all the parts inside the pc - MB, GPU , CPU , FANS etc.
Then I bought a 144 Hz monitor. Plugged the DisplayPort to achive those 144 Hz and when I went ingame, the game doesnt work smooth. On +13 effects, and people around me, when I do any skill like TS or Rage > game starting to lags so much. Ive heard that 144Hz aint okay for MU (cuz its too old game) but dunno whats the reason behind those lags.

This is short video, what exactly happens > especially the last 5 seconds > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcRGBvajz-Y

For example 2 weeks ago I used laptop with > 16 RAM (2933 MHz - lower than mine), RTX 2060 (not better GPU than mine) and CPU i5 10300H (also not better than mine) and MU worked so smooth.

Im lookin for any of your advices.

Last edited:

VanFlyHigh

Staff member

Hi,

I think your problem is about fps and there is an answered thread which you may review to help you out here.

Another you can check all the ANTILAG SKINS posted here to make your fps higher and remove some of the lags you are experiencing.

I am suggesting to run the game with lower resolution and in windows mode and maybe it can do a trick.

"144 Hz refresh rate monitors has a low display latency which is the gap between your inputs and what shows on screen. It makes everything snappier and responsive unlike
lower refresh rate monitors. Hence using it on an OLD game like MU has the disadvantage on eyes if you are a bit nitpicky like me on how smooth the game will work for you, but it will come to pass."

Trivela

On my video im using moorse's antilag (as always) and it happens. I dont think that I need even antilag, that old game should run even on my phone. Im just curious a week ago, I used similar pc (laptop) and all worked fine. Maybe ill try to run the game with HDMI with 75hz. Im still waiting a reply from someone, who has R5 3600X and GTX card.

VanFlyHigh

Staff member

On my video im using moorse's antilag (as always) and it happens. I dont think that I need even antilag, that old game should run even on my phone. Im just curious a week ago, I used similar pc (laptop) and all worked fine. Maybe ill try to run the game with HDMI with 75hz. Im still waiting a reply from someone, who has R5 3600X and GTX card.
You can share a video recording on how the lag is affecting you for us to give you more advices and maybe some fix. You can record via OBS or some other recording application and post it via YouTube and share it here. :) There are a lot of aspects to see on how the lag is affecting you it maybe high usage of HDD, CPU, temps and etc. try monitoring those though.

Trivela

Check again my first post, I made a video and shared it here. On lag mode > CPU works on 14%, GPU 30%. Which is nothing abnormal. Now tested it with HDMI at 60hz and still same.

#Buddy-

The Best #Buddy-

lower the brightness bro I have a good pc to play online and also the same thing usually happens to me, it lags me giving ts

Peaceful

Staff member
Senior Game Master

Do you use original drivers?
Don't let windows or any program update them.
You can find drivers of each pc part in their offical site.
Did you add the game to the nvidia panel? Made it run as perfomance?
Power settings set to high performance?

Trivela

Im with latest gpu driver, ill check later for the rest of the parts - mb, cpu , maybe any driver is trying to fool me.

Jilet

Viva La Sezar!

another thing to support Trivela; if you check the video u can see fps drops when it was +13 effect and when i did +5, drops going away.

u cant say its about hardware/software

im using ryzen 5 3600x, (8x2)16gb 3200 mhz ram,, Asus TUF rtx 3060

with this system im playing games with ultra high quality.

Don't see anyone mentioning this but,
Mu is hard locked at 21-22fps, it cannot even take advantage of 60hz monitors
When you upgraded to 144hz, everything became smoother for you, and when you play mu it feels even worse than before because how everything else is smoother, but it actually is the same as before.

For example i upgraded from 60hz to 165hz and i played Genshin Impact which is hard locked at 60fps, it felt very shitty, even tho before it felt fine.

Your eyes are getting adjusted to 144hz.

Jero

Staff member
Silent Assassin

Also you might be experiencing packets getting lost. How good is your Internet connection? it might be a ISP issue and not a hardware issue.

Trivela

Also you might be experiencing packets getting lost. How good is your Internet connection? it might be a ISP issue and not a hardware issue.
My internet connection is good. As I saw, many other players with good pc’s, has the same problem. Maybe MU is really old game and doesnt work on every PC smoothly. Im using antilag on +5 effects and it handle it. The game looks really ugly, but theres not any good solution else.

Status
Not open for further replies.