Discussion about Forum Acivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Hello friends,

Well I am here with an opening discussion about what tittle says "Forum activity" nowadays.

Firstly, I have to tell why I opened such a discussion and why I thought it is needed. From first hand if we look our forum's acitivity nowadays, some maybe can think Game is not active and thats why forum isn't too. But it is not right and thats the reason why I opened a discussion about it. When I get in server 3, I am really proud that even after 10 years we have such a dynamic athmosphere in server 3 mixed with old and new players. But when it comes to forum, it not attracts people nowadays. And when I checked daily statistics, we have enough daily visitors(guests are excluded) but yet activity dead if we compare it with few months before.

So guys what is discussion about? At first i want all of you to comment your opinion in here because we all are forumers here and all of yours opinions are important to me.

I want to guys put your feedback, suggestions here. What can bring back the dynamicity of the forum. Which kind of threads must be created? Which kind of events must be created? Or maybe you want "spam" section threads/posts visible on "lates posts" area. Or maybe you think some rules are so strickt? Overally guys, I want you give your opinions about what can make players use forum more dynamic and bring back that old atmosphere to us which you can have both fun in game and in forum also.

About my opinion on the situation, I think some rules are so stricty which almost hard to get 1 post count :) No compatitions between our new comer forum users and also the others. But we had such a compatitiona before to be in that Top 10 posters list. "Spammer" tag is more than useless here, because no spam is allowed at all.

Thats it guys, discussion is opened by me and everyone is welcome to post his very honest opinions. If making the best athmosphere is in our hands, then lets do it all together.

Nikki

Reaction score
More Rules more Rules.
We host alot of forum events but when its there no 1 join them. Thats something that can increase the activity for sure. If membets be more active at the forum events.

We got alot of lazy members <= sorry i'm not :).
Easy stuff
Normale stuff
Pro stuff.
They arnt much participating or using there imagination.

The forum gives alot for getting active but yhea.

I even needed to close a event that was forum and game related because no participants anymore.

Spam zone visabel at the top post i have my doubts about it. But hey it can work some kind.

Its a thing about how i see the forum :)

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Yeah [MENTION=76]Nikki[/MENTION] you are the one who saw how active and dynamic here was. And hell, we dont need to jump few years back just few months back was more active than today but what will happen tomorrow? If changing future and making it more colorful in our hands then lets do it or if we leave how it is now and make it go on its road then it will be even worser.

I saw it, 2 participants in events where has great rewards and so on. Mostly old players doesnt need such events and even such events were not hosted for oldies also. The mostly benefiting newbies but forum not takes their attention. Thats why I started to think maybe rules are sticky and they feel like they cant do what they want. For sure and sure they must not do what they want but at least they must have a little freedom but they dont :)

Last edited:

KARAYOM

Sugar & Spice
Reaction score
Hi..

I'm new to our server, I came here March of 2017 only. That time almost every in-game person I met talks about forum. but now its different, as I can see most of the in-game players uses our forum for only one reason. To report abusive players, other than that, nothing. You will see them logged in to our forums rarely.

I may say that BTA made a big impact on this. As we can see, with regards to in-game and forum activity, BTA connects them both. People have to log in to forums to work on their BTAs, from that, they start to browse forums. Check whats new, see the market postings, a lot. but, since BTA is removed. why would they log in to forums if the only thing that keeps them active is the game itself.

This is only my opinion. (oh)

Halfdanjal

the oblivious
Reaction score
First of all, everybody wants events, but nobody wants to actually WORK for it, same as in-game.
Second, no fking offense, but you know, that at least half of our PH player population is stupid af and can't even understand what is written outside of PH's spam zone and PH players make up the most part of this mu.
Now adding these 2 together, we get lazy people with little knowledge due to country being in pretty bad economical and political situation for years, which leaves us with only handful of people who actually can obey rules and understand what chaos there s without them. The best part is, that big part of these people are / was in the staff team because of the rarity in which cases you actually see brain here.

As a former Administrator of another forum, I can tell you this: making threads like the one you made won't change a single thing. Well, maybe, just maybe it will, but for really short period of time, that's for sure. I've stumbled upon bad activity both in forum as it is and events made in forum, people not joining. It won't change. And the rules are not to be changed, they are only to be added with this population right here, the population which breaks rules as a hobby. That is what we are stuck with here and either we deal with it and live with it or we b!tch about it, but still live with it. The choice is up to you.

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Hi..

I'm new to our server, I came here March of 2017 only. That time almost every in-game person I met talks about forum. but now its different, as I can see most of the in-game players uses our forum for only one reason. To report abusive players, other than that, nothing. You will see them logged in to our forums rarely.

I may say that BTA made a big impact on this. As we can see, with regards to in-game and forum activity, BTA connects them both. People have to log in to forums to work on their BTAs, from that, they start to browse forums. Check whats new, see the market postings, a lot. but, since BTA is removed. why would they log in to forums if the only thing that keeps them active is the game itself.

This is only my opinion. (oh)
Thanks for your opinion, I really appreciate it. But believe me BTA is nothing and really nothing. I am talking about joyfull threads and maybe other serious threads.

Yesterday in game I talked with too many players. Some of them have ideas, some of them dislikes few things but yet these both tip of players doesn't want to share their thoughts in here. But before it was really different.

I checked Spam zone, useless zone. Top Spammer tag, useless. If there is not spam and even if it is not allowed then there cant be a Top Spammer. Earning 2000 post count is more harder than being a president in country where you live :-DDD

And some always online forum users have few activity percent on their profil because there is not activity at all. We must do something about it.

𝓓im𝓔r

iMU Admin
Reaction score
We have not added rules,we just update the old ones so they can fit newer situations. We don't always judge on rules,we judge on people. Some people who really made a mistake have been given a second chance. But systematic rulebreakers and people who insult and disrespect,what do you expect we to give them? A prize for their behaviour? Of course they will get blocked. For the past 3 years that I have been in charge of the mod team I have been giving chances to everyone,even to those who don't deserve it and believe me - WITHOUT rules the forum can't exist and everything will be chaotic and nothing is going to happen as it should.

We are making tons of events in the forum,aiming to increase the activity,we made a new newspaper for people to read it and like it with the new look in which we invested a lot of time and resources,everything is not as easy as you think my friend. People have become lazier and don't participate because they have thousands of credits,items and etc. They feel rich and thus laziness finds it's way and they don't to enter. Activity is not based on events,fewer rules and stuff like that. Activity is based on the forumers itself,you can't make a person visit the forum as much as other people. But I don't really get your point at a low activity. We have hundreds of members active every day. We have given them sections,shoutbox,events they have their own section for events,they just need to pm me with an their idea and they can make it so. SPAM has nothing to do with forum acitivity,spammers are not the people who we call active,they are just troublemakers.

We try to connect the game with the forum for so long,we're doing it step by step,with IMES system. Me & Dreams presented everyone the FORUM IMES this spring,we have given out imes points and items for the winners who join events.

We have implemented Forum Supporters group to give active people some point of trust and authority,so they can feel important to the cause. We implemented the Amnesty to get more their accounts back.
What do you think we can do more? We are giving tags for in-game activity,we're giving points,the market is active as always. I don't really see the major point,because it depends on the people if they are going to be active or not. We are always welcome to new ideas. There is a SUGGESTION section,if there is a certain suggestion,post it,explain it,give pros and cons and we will decide on it. I don't see the idea of such a thread like this. For me,if you have an idea of a suggestion - make it as a specific threads and let the discussion begin. What do you expect to see from this thread? I am open for discussion and I will do anything to grant ideas which have potential and will make things better. I have already had thousands of discussions like this with Dreams and Venci and are always trying something new. Give me an idea,a suggestion WORTH investing time into making it and I will do everything in my power to grant it.

Last edited:

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
I agree with you [MENTION=27848]Dimer[/MENTION] and thanks for your time to shared your opinion and point of view with us not like the lazyass players. I always had respect for you and will have it, I have own reasons for that.

The one thing got me and it really got me on your comment. I felt a little that I blamed in there :-D I really don`t have anything to do with rules. Rules are Rules and it always been like this. When I talked about strictness of some rules, it wasn`t about banning procedures. It is the best rules out here and I always behind to be get even stricter. Why my forum account not banned from 2010 till today but the other guy breaking rules? So better kick their @sses, I always agree with that.

I already wrote above that we have many daily visitors on forum, many online forumers but activity is on dying but I think I blamed like a blind guy who didn`t noticed those online forumers. Spammers have their own section but that section is not in use anymore. I don`t know maybe posting doesn`t count in there as post count or maybe something different going on.

If you think on real way, you will get what I want to do. You and all of the others wants it too- having an active atmosphere on forum too as it is on game. I said, if it was something like "daily 10-15 visitors on forum", I never did create such a discussion. But it is different, we got online, we don`t have activity at all.

So at least we found out that it is all about "lazyness", some people doesn`t want to be active in here. I don`t know, maybe they afraid from something, maybe they think they don`t have even a little freedom to share their very honest opinion? I don`t know what is the problem. Thats why the thread opened by me, to know what they really want.

So guys, don`t get shy to share your opinions. Specially new comers, I want to know what makes you lazy but hell you are lazy to answer this question, aren`t you? :-D

P.S: And and one more thing. The point of this thread is not accepting "suggestions". I am not trying to change place of suggestions section :-D This thread is about talking and discussing with infinitians as the section letting us to do this, so can we? :)

Last edited:

𝓓im𝓔r

iMU Admin
Reaction score
I agree with you @Dimer and thanks for your time to shared your opinion and point of view with us not like the lazyass players. I always had respect for you and will have it, I have own reasons for that.

The one thing got me and it really got me on your comment. I felt a little that I blamed in there :-D I really don`t have anything to do with rules. Rules are Rules and it always been like this. When I talked about strictness of some rules, it wasn`t about banning procedures. It is the best rules out here and I always behind to be get even stricter. Why my forum account not banned from 2010 till today but the other guy breaking rules? So better kick their @sses, I always agree with that.

I already wrote above that we have many daily visitors on forum, many online forumers but activity is on dying but I think I blamed like a blind guy who didn`t noticed those online forumers. Spammers have their own section but that section is not in use anymore. I don`t know maybe posting doesn`t count in there as post count or maybe something different going on.

If you think on real way, you will get what I want to do. You and all of the others wants it too- having an active atmosphere on forum too as it is on game. I said, if it was something like "daily 10-15 visitors on forum", I never did create such a discussion. But it is different, we got online, we don`t have activity at all.

So at least we found out that it is all about "lazyness", some people doesn`t want to be active in here. I don`t know, maybe they afraid from something, maybe they think they don`t have even a little freedom to share their very honest opinion? I don`t know what is the problem. Thats why the thread opened by me, to know what they really want.

So guys, don`t get shy to share your opinions. Specially new comers, I want to know what makes you lazy but hell you are lazy to answer this question, aren`t you? :-D
[MENTION=2339]Abesta[/MENTION] , I am far from the thought of blaming you my friend,no. I am just explaining how things have been worked out with the rules,so people when reading will understand what we do. I also decided to include the forum accounts in the Amnesty Summer,so more people get their accounts back,even Spammers :D. I reward active forumers with a lot of things and I always want active forumers because they have a high chance to be part of the new group Forum Supporters and one day,become a Staff Member. I just hope that more people will want to increase their activity!

Kostas

Legend
Reaction score
I've read most of the answers here.I would like to ask all of you something else.

Which is the real reason for someone to make a forum account?

To chit-chat like a social media?
To gain benefits becoming Staff member?
To participate on events?
To make an appeal for a forum/in game account?
Feeling uncomfortable and unfairly on loosing from other players and reporting them, so it makes game easier?
To have fun with low IQ answers on people's appeals?
+++
Reason can be hundreds and each of the players here got their own reason.
Personally i just join for having on appeals and make a troll on them with other people and Staff Members.
Therefore, you can ask yourselves which is the motivation for someone to join and stay active.

Anyway i m kinda drunk have fun :D

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Last call guys. Read thread and also comments and post your very honest opinions about the situation and try to give ideas. Else I will ask to close this thread.

Ezio

Reaction score
Well. Forum is more complicated than the game. many ppl cant understand
how it works. i too when i firstly start using forum i was like trying to solve a
rubik's cube :D . Also there are ppl that dont even know about forum and how
usefull it can be.
But there are ppl that working or have no time to actually
login in forum or game . like me. But the first thing i do when i go home is to
open forum. I dont think add more events would actually bring activity, there
are many forum events already.
I belive a thing that could help would be when we met a new player we can
inform him and about what forum is and how usefull it can be for him and also
help him understand it.

My opinion.

Safety and Peace !

Flippy

Legend
Reaction score
Hi

I didn't rly understood what you tried to say in your post honestly. What would you like to see back? Some random threads where ppl come and say what they ate today and what song they are listening to? Or a thread where everyone comes by and say Hi/Hello 5-6 times a day? I don't see how that would be usefull.
What about rules? What is so strict in acting as a normal healthy person in a community? We can replace the term "rules" with "common sense". Think of them as you go out with your friends at a beer in a bar.
You can't act like a monkey, you can't insult them, you can't be the only one talking (spam). As you see it's common sense only.

Abesta

Legends Never Die!!
Reaction score
Hi

I didn't rly understood what you tried to say in your post honestly. What would you like to see back? Some random threads where ppl come and say what they ate today and what song they are listening to? Or a thread where everyone comes by and say Hi/Hello 5-6 times a day? I don't see how that would be usefull.
What about rules? What is so strict in acting as a normal healthy person in a community? We can replace the term "rules" with "common sense". Think of them as you go out with your friends at a beer in a bar.
You can't act like a monkey, you can't insult them, you can't be the only one talking (spam). As you see it's common sense only.
If a person don't want to understand something, kill yourself on it, you still cant make him understand even a single sentence. But let me give it a one more try. Well, I dont want to sey anything. I to be honest I dont understand why you trying to a little blame me instead of appreciating to me on opening such a needed discussion.

Bro, I did all I want to do in this game, my time is already passed. I just want to give chance to some players to share their thoughts about this situation. I don't want to bring back anything. If I want to, it is not that long ago, just even 5 months ago is enough to compare.

I really get angry when I am talking about A and someone understand it as Z and starts to talk like "Whats wrong with Z and why you are talking like this about Z", and I am like "WTF I am talking about A lol, wake up :)".

Those spam threads created by people for to not get bored. Spam is Spam, it is fun part of it. Instead of talking about how useless such threads are, you might could think about what I said "What is the use of Top Spammer tag if there is not a spam at all". Not everyone HGm like you, or Mod like Tobito or Legend like Titan. You atm think like HGM and call those threads useless. I think the same too, I am not using them anyways. But lets give it up about looking situations with our eyes, lets try to look it with the eyes of the others as well. Yeah it might not about spam or any other things, but this is a discussion and I said my thoughts.

Once again, my one and only purpose on creating this thread is opening discussion about what tittle pointed and connects it with forumers and specially with new comers. But I see they don't even care, but thay had to instead of me.
[MENTION=25870]Syd[/MENTION] [MENTION=3417]Toby[/MENTION] [MENTION=23234]Scarlette[/MENTION] Can i ask you to close this thread? Some people really lazy to post their opinions, some are afraid if they post they might be bad with someone and the others doesn't even care and say it is good how it is. So why should I care and be bad with someone ? It is good how it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.