• Rules
  • Disclaimer
  • Requirements
  • Gripes
  • Prohibitions
  • FAQ
  • Format
Introduction
This is basically a consolidation of all the previous sticky threads in this section. Read it before you post any application.

Rules
  • No flaming.
  • No personal attacks.
  • No slandering.
  • No spamming.
  • No overdoing of jokes.
  • No flippant applications.
  • No extreme color use.
Disclaimer
Here's a list of reasons why you most probably won't get selected for the job, just to lower your morale. Go ahead and apply after reading this. Just be warned and beware. Leave and come back after you fulfill the requirements stated, otherwise, continue reading.
  • You're relatively unknown
  • You don't know much about the server
  • You've got a low post count
Requirements
  • Good understanding of the English language
  • Ability to stay neutral and provide neutral feedback
  • Good knowledge of the game (InfinityMU) and its custom features
  • Ability to dedicate at least 10 hours a week to the job
  • Hosting a minimum of four events a week (if EM)

Please do not post your application within your first two weeks of joining the Infinity community. Also, do not apply for the spot if you have a very low post count, especially if the application is one of your first through fifth posts. Not encouraging spam here, though.

Gripes
Congratulations on meeting the above requisites. Now there's more. Here are some things that irritate and lower your chances of success. Read them and memorize them well. This list will slowly dissect the mentioned issues, take your time to read them.

I've been a staff member on other servers. A common reason, or rather "qualification." Please note the inverted commas. Nobody cares for the experience on those servers. Here, this is a different community and a different server. Commands, NPCs, and players' needs and wants They're all different. So please do not use your experience on other servers to justify yourself. Besides, if you have obtained staff member status there, why are you applying for the job here? It just shows your lack of devotion, a definite negative for you.

I can help players by answering their queries. Everyone else can do that. Have you seen players aid each other through megaphones? You don't have to be a staff member to help others. So please do what is necessary.

Post count: 1 This is a relatively tricky one. Although a low post count does not necessarily mean inactivity, a single-digit post count should show your lack of activity. You could have been one of the most active players in the game, but your lack of awareness about the forums will dampen your chances. The fact is that most updates are posted here, so I'll advise you to go get yourself some posts and establish yourself before posting the application. Of course, you do so without spam.

Prohibitions
These are things you must avoid. Regardless of whether you took notice of the previous few points of utmost importance, consider your chances nullified and voided. Don't bother coming here again if you ignore this. You'll only ruin whatever reputation you already have.

These are "DO NOTs", so don't give yourself the wrong idea.
  • Post an application that is your 1st–5th post.
  • Insult or ridicule.
  • Worthless self-promotion via bashing.
  • Poor grammar.
  • Arrogance and poor personality.
  • Make empty promises.
  • Copy and paste an application from another server.
FAQ
Q: What is expected of me as a Game Master?
A: As a Game Master, you do not only host events. Although it can be a small part of the job, the main priority of being a GM is to communicate the player's needs to the rest of the staff to improve the overall experience of the game. Events are just there for entertainment purposes and provide something different from the regular grinds that are already set in game. We expect that you are creative enough to think of different types of events to mix things up and that you are aware of the requirements listed above. The most important part of being a Game Master is to enforce Game Rules and punish those who break them accordingly, handle and take care of Game Reports in the Report Section, check daily reports from players, and test or improve current and new game features. [Click For More Info]

Q: What is expected of me as a Moderator?
A: As a Moderator, your job is to keep the forum clean, spam-free, and organized. Each forum section has its own function and use in order to ensure player's best experience in the forum. End player's disputes in the forum immediately or prematurely (if possible) and keep the forum peaceful. Enforce the Forum Rules and punish those who break them accordingly. Handle and take care of Forum Reports in the Report Section. Host Forum Events for players in the forum. Provide online support to players by answering their questions, solving their problems in the forum, and discord. [Click For More Info]

Q: What is expected of me as an Event Master?
A: As an Event Master, you do only host events to improve the overall experience of the game. We expect that you are creative enough to think of different types of events to mix things up and that you are aware of the requirements listed above. [Click For More Info]

Q: Do I get paid?
A: Each staff team has set different systems for salaries, but all share the same or similar rewards.

Q: What kind of powers do I get?
A:
Forums and Discord: GM status with the ability to warn / kick / ban / moderator powers.

In-game: ban, DC, skins/invisible, godmode, teleport, trace, global messages, event rewards

Forums and Discord: MOD status with the ability to warn / kick / ban / moderator powers.

In-game: skins/invisible, godmode, teleport, trace

Forums and Discord: EM status with the ability to warn and partial moderating powers.

In-game: Warn, DC, skins/invisible, godmode, teleport, trace, global messages, event rewards

Q: Where do I apply?
A: Here, click me.

Format
Please follow the format. You may add any additional information at the end of your application.
Discord is a required form of communication for any staff member. Always choose the right thread prefix.

• Name and IGN: real name + main character
  • Guild: (if any)
  • Country + Timezone: the country you live in and its timezone
  • Discord ID:
  • Languages: mention your level of fluency for each
  • Experience on InfinityMU:
  • Ban history:
  • Availability during a regular week: think of your work or school schedule, only add certain availability
  • What are your biggest weaknesses?
  • What are your biggest strengths?
  • Why should we hire you?

Keep in mind that if we sense there is a lack of effort put into your application, your chances of approval significantly decrease. Do not post previous experience in the format. Also remember to post the following statement at the end of your application, showing us you've properly read the Truism thread.

So, in short, quality over quantity. Bear that in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus

Legend
Reaction score
I Know pretty well that most of you that apply for Staff doesn't even read what RESiSTANT writes here,this is pissing me off Don't be such noobs,Don't be so freaking LAZY asses to read it because it seems big,if you are not reading this **** you will never be GM or anything.

♥Linda♥

Legend
Reaction score
Before applying for GFX Team position you must send at least 5 PSD files to the [GL]GFX Team Leader[/GL].

• The [GL]GFX Team Leader[/GL] can deny/approve GFX applications.
  • If there is no [GL]GFX Team Leader[/GL] then send the PSD files to RESiSTANT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tobλ

Unforeseen Consequences
Reaction score
Madkitten said:
  • This application will be open for the community for a three days period in order to post and share their opinions for the applicant, after the three days period the application will be locked and reviewed by the staff team and the higher ups as they post their thoughts.
Rule has been removed.

RESiSTANT

Server Owner
Reaction score
:) Update: New Format & New FAQ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.