Game Update Unleash the Power! Introducing Macro Support for Enhanced Gameplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RESiSTANT

Server Owner
Reaction score
Dear Infinitians,

We are thrilled to announce a significant update to the Mu Online gameplay experience. Starting from today, we have officially allowed the use of Macros within the game. We understand that this decision may come as a surprise to some, so we want to take a moment to explain the reasoning behind it.

InfinityMU development team conducted thorough investigations and found that a significant portion of players were already using gaming mice equipped with macro functions. As a result, enforcing a complete ban on macros proved to be a futile endeavor, as the game's anti-cheat system was unable to detect these built-in macros in gaming gears such as : gaming keyboards & mouses which also allows no possible way to detect or fail in chat with it, using a smart & advanced configuration.

After careful consideration and extensive community feedback, we have recognized that Macros have become an integral part of the Mu Online ecosystem. We understand that many of our dedicated players have been utilizing Macros to enhance their gameplay efficiency, particularly during castle sieges. In fact, an overwhelming 90% of the players have been actively utilizing Macros in these intense battles and only 10% of those 90% are actually caught and banned which is kinda unfair for the gaming community members.

Taking this widespread usage into account, we have decided to embrace the community's preference and officially support Macros in InfinityMU. Here are some of the reasons behind our decision:

***Improved Accessibility: Macros can make the game more accessible to players with physical disabilities or limitations. For example, a macro can be set up to execute a complex series of actions with a single button press (Combo + Auto Potion), which can be a huge help for players who struggle with repetitive motions.

1️⃣ Improved Gameplay Efficiency: Macros allow players to automate repetitive tasks (such as: Comboing & Potion use), enabling them to focus on the strategic elements of the game. By reducing the need for manual input, players can optimize their efficiency and enhance their overall gaming experience.

2️⃣ Enhanced Fairness: With such a vast majority of players already employing Macros, it has become clear that they provide a competitive advantage. By allowing Macros, we level the playing field, ensuring that all players have equal opportunities to excel in castle sieges and other challenging game modes.
By allowing macros, we are leveling the playing field for players who may not have the time or physical ability to execute complex maneuvers or actions (such as: Combo skill). Macros can help bridge the gap between players with different skill levels and make the game more accessible to everyone.

3️⃣ Encouraging Innovation: The introduction of Macros encourages players to experiment with new strategies and tactics. It adds an extra layer of complexity to gameplay and opens up exciting possibilities for players to devise unique approaches, fostering a dynamic and evolving game environment.

We understand that this change might raise some concerns, and we are committed to addressing them promptly. We have implemented measures to ensure that Macros are used responsibly and within the acceptable limits of fair play. Any attempts to exploit Macros for unfair advantages or engage in malicious behavior will be strictly monitored and penalized. Important Note: 4-Skills combo will remain forbidden and bannable.

We believe that this update will enhance the overall InfinityMU experience for all players and bring a new dimension to the castle sieges. We hope that you embrace this change and explore the endless possibilities it brings.

However, we would like to remind players that using cheat apps is still subject to our terms of service and community guidelines. Macro apps are not considered as cheating apps as it is used by gaming gears such as gaming mouses and keyboards to execute repetitive game actions within one button.

We are confident that this decision will lead to a more dynamic and engaging gaming experience for all members of the InfinitYMU community. As always, we appreciate your feedback and encourage open discussions to foster an inclusive and collaborative atmosphere.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support. Stay tuned for more updates as we strive to create the best gaming environment for everyone to enjoy!

Sincerely, InfinityMU Team

-------
We have allowed an application in the InfinityMU's Anti-Cheat for the players who are searching for a working AutoPotion app:
Downloads:
Simple but effective Auto Potion Application: [Download] (i'd recommend using this one and use combo with hands to enjoy challenge and competition of the game instead of using macro scripts for both - AP & AC)
Using F5 to enable and F6 to disable.
A few working macro scripts: [Download]
One more AP: [Download]
(Above scripts are for A4Tech / Oscar X7 gaming equipment (mice) and might be able to use as an example in alternative gaming softwares for your mouse.
I am sharing those not because I own or use them. Everyone can create macro script similar to these. I have them sent by players for the last years just to study how macros are executed and if we are able to block them. Also it is much more fair if everyone have them but not only few players.

FAQ:
What apps are allowed?
-Overally all. You can use any other macro apps such as JitBit, Oscar or any other software that have enabled Macros with your gaming mice model.
Will macro users who are currently banned will get unban?
-Yes.
If I fail with QWE sentence in-game will I get my account banned?
-We no longer issue bans for macro or any fails in chat caused by macro or multiple client (lag).

Last edited:

Irregular

Reaction score
I am happy to hear some good news about this update, Thank you administrator for always being cool on understanding everyone. Please make some few changes especially in a one time event like castle siege, please don't allow auto combo use at least and on PCH for the challenge to be more worth it.

Last edited:

BeN

Event Master
Reaction score
See the good part of it, players don't have to prove something now on video, less work for staff meaning more focus on other things, and a bit less hatred ing from prayer to player 😇

PhuongKien

SuperVIP
Reaction score
"Auto Potion Using F5 to enable and F6 to disable. "
Auto Potion use f5 and f6 dont working .

Aga

The Trash
Reaction score
That's all the news we have been waiting for a long time. I just want to add a ons more point. There is no valid reason to keep a rule that bans the use of all 4skills. It doesn't cause significant damage as it did before anyway. I believe some people have limited scripts from their earlier years, and 4skills are included in most of them. So, let's give everyone a chance to use their best scripts and keep the server active, just like before. Please make macros legal and allow access to all its functionalities.

btw thanks alot, nobody can giving most happines reaction than me for this update.

Pokka

Reaction score
Hi, is there a guide/thread for using macro/ap? not all player here used or have been exposed to using those kind of apps. To be fair to us there should be a guide/thread teaching us how to use macro/ap.

RESiSTANT

Server Owner
Reaction score
Hi, is there a guide/thread for using macro/ap? not all player here used or have been exposed to using those kind of apps. To be fair to us there should be a guide/thread teaching us how to use macro/ap.
agree on this, hope someone will share a HOW TO on this AP/AC
This is way way enough for you just to use potions and do combo by hand. No need for special tutorials , just use F5 to enable auto pots and F6 (3 times) to disable.
Auto Potion Application: [Download]
Use F5 to enable and F6 to disable.

There's no guide yet but if someone wants to create he can feel free to do so. It's easy to record & configure button for an macro in your gaming software. You can check this video as example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i141UbM-iB8
It should be the same if you have other brand/model mice and software with it that have macro feature.

LowKo

God's Plan
Reaction score
interesting update ! let’s see how it will work.
a few players here told me that in past macros was legal. i was never playing here when it was like that.
cant wait to see how the pvp will work around ♥ thanks !

Kona

Reaction score
WTF mi old friend back WUAJAJAJAJA NOCAP NOW U CAN MAKE DUEL NOW TO ME STOP RUNNER OF MI CAMERA SEE YOU IN GAME

Nice You Sr RESISTANT <3 I THINK SEE MANY GUYS BACK FROM CLOUDS GUILD <3

UNDERGROUND

SuperVIP
Reaction score
Thank you for the updated

Status
Not open for further replies.